Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life Journal, January 6, 2011
Genesis 15-17; Luke 6

TIME FOR A CHANGE

Scripture
But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.
Luke 6.27-28

Observation
We are to do the opposite of our human nature and what the world does.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
I have not lived this way for some time and it has had a huge impact on my life--spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. I have allowed my hurt to consume me. I have to let it go and replace it with God's all-consuming perfect love. "What you say flows from what is in your heart." (Luke 6.45b) I have to intentionally change my thinking and my words--then my heart will change and it can finally heal.

Prayer
Lord, forgive me for not loving as you would have me love. Forgive me for not doing good to those who have hurt me. Forgive me for not praying for and being a blessing in the life of those who have hurt me. Help me to release the hurt and pain. Change my heart and change me so I can reflect you in all I do.

No comments: