Saturday, January 22, 2011

Life Journal, January 22, 2011

Life Journal, January 22, 2011
Today's readings: Exodus 3-5; Luke 22

PICK SOMEONE ELSE

Scripture
But Moses again pleaded, "Lord, please! Send anyone else."
Exodus 4.13

Observation
Moses didn't want to do what God was asking him to do.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
What am I saying "no" to God about that He is asking me to do??

I have argued and pleaded and begged at different times in the past for God to use someone else--send someone else. So, is there something that God is asking me to do that I am saying "no" to??
I need to be careful what I agree to do and what I beg-off from doing and make sure that either way that they are what God would have me do. Doing what God wants me to do--no matter what--is all that should matter. If I have truly turned my life over to Him--I will say, "Here I am" with no strings attached.

I need to be still and listen, I need to quiet myself and watch. God will direct me and I need to be ready to say "Here I am Lord, send me!"

Prayer
Lord, I want you to be able to count on me--I don't want to be found pleading for you to find someone else. I want to be the one who does and goes and serves. Use me. Send me. I give myself to You. Help me to hear You and see where You lead me. Thank You for not giving up on me.

No comments: