Sunday, January 23, 2011

Life Journal, January 23, 2011

Life Journal, January 23, 2011
Today's readings: Exodus 6-8; Luke 23


WHAT WILL I DO WITH THIS JESUS?


Scripture
When they came to a place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross.
Luke 23.33a

Observation
Jesus was crucified for me.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Jesus, the Messiah, gave His life willingly for me. I often take that for granted. But, when I stop and really think about it . . . what my sin cost Him . . . I have a choice to make. I must choose to follow Him with my whole life or not. There is no middle ground--I either give my life over to Him or I don't. He didn't just die a little for my sins--He died a horrible and painful death for my sins. So, I must decide what I am going to do with this Jesus. Do I turn my life over to him . . . or not? Do I die to myself so I can have life in Him?? Do I make Him Lord of my life??

Today, I must decide what and who takes precedence in my life. Will it be Jesus?? YES!

Prayer
Father, today I choose Jesus.

No comments: