Thursday, January 6, 2011

[I haven't written for some time--but I am back to doing the Life Journal once again as part of my daily quiet time. So, back to blogging.]



Life Journal, January 3, 2011
Genesis 6-8, Luke 3

A BROKEN HEART
FOR A SIN-FILLED WORLD

Scripture
The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on earth. It broke His heart.
Genesis 6.5-6

Observation
Sin always breaks God's heart.


Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Two-fold today--first, I must examine my own heart, allowing God to shine His light on all darkness in it. Then I must surrender those areas to Him so I can be cleansed. What sin in my life is breaking God's heart?

Secondly, those things that break God's heart should also break mine--and in doing so, should call me to action in Christ's name. For to sit by and do nothing is sin.

Prayer
Lord, 'purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.' [Ps 51.7] Let my heart not only be broken by those things that break your heart, use me to be an agent of change in Your name.


No comments: