Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Life Journal, January 11, 2011

Life Journal, January 11, 2011 (1-11-11)
Today's readings: Genesis 27, 28; Psalm 4; Luke 11


SHINING BRIGHTLY


Scripture
[Jesus speaking] "No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts in under a basket. Instead a lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house.


"Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is bad, your body is filled with darkness. Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light."
Luke 11.33-36


Observation
What is on the inside comes through to the outside--you can't hide it.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
What is in my heart shows on the outside through my words, my actions and my countenance. So what do people see and experience with me??

I want to radiate God's light--I want my life to be blinding because of the light coming from me. I have a lot of work to do. Today, I will be intentional about being a light in my attitude, in my words, and in my actions . . . in ALL that I do.

And then I will do it tomorrow . . . and then the next day . . . until I am changed.

Prayer
Lord, I read my words above and have to laugh at myself. I know that I cannot do any of it on my own--only with the help of the Holy Spirit can any light be seen in me. It is not because of what I do, or what I say, or my attitude, or the look on my face--none of that "proves" that I have Jesus in my heart if I do it under my own strength. It can only begin to happen when I completely turn my life over to You and allow You to come and fill me . . . taking over all of me and my life. So, come Holy Spirit. Come and fill me with Your light and love so that I might shine brightly for You!! Make me aware of my words and actions--making them Yours and not mine!




No comments: