Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life Journal, January 4, 2011
Genesis 9-11; Luke 4



EVEN THE DEVIL KNOWS SCRIPTURE

Scripture
Then the devil took him [Jesus] to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, and said, "If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say, "He will order his angels to protect and guard you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone."
Luke 4.9-11

Observation
The enemy knows and uses Cripture to try and give his words validity.


Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?")
It is important that we know Scripture so we cannot be confused or led astray by partial truths. I see how Scripture is distorted and manipulated by so many--and people are not familiar enough with the Truth to be able to correct or counter the lies. This has become even more real to me since I moved to Orem and am in a city that is 85% Mormon. If you do not know the Truth and are not in the Word every day it can be easy to be taken in by the miss-use of Scripture. I must be in God's Word every day and hide His Word in my heart so I can stand firm on the truth.

Prayer
Lord, please help me to hide your Word in my heart. Let me be able to discern Your truth from partial truths. Give me a hunger for Your Word. And, please give me a boldness when I need to counter the enemies lies with Your perfect Truth.

No comments: