Monday, January 24, 2011

Life Journal, January 24, 2011

Life Journal, January 24, 2011
Today's Readings: Exodus 9-11; Luke 24

MISSING JESUS

Scripture
As they walked along they were talking about everything that had happened. As they talked and discussed these things, Jesus himself suddenly came and began walking with them. But God kept them from recognizing him. . . .

As they sat down to eat, he took the bread and blessed it. Then he broke it and gave it to them. Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him.
Luke 24.14-16, 30-31

Observation
They didn't expect to see Jesus and didn't recognize Him when He was in their midst.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
How often do I miss Jesus because I don't expect to see Him??

So, today, I will keep my eyes and my heart open and actively look for Jesus--knowing that He appear differently than I might expect and show up in unexpected places!

Prayer
Lord, I don't want to miss You--so open my eyes and let me see You!! Open my heart to Your Spirit, so I don't miss You!! Surprise me today! Thank You Jesus!!

No comments: