Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life Journal, January 5, 2011
Genesis 12-14; Luke 5

DOING WHATEVER IT TAKES

Scripture
Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a sleeping mat. They tried to take him inside to Jesus, but they couldn't reach him because of the crowd. So they went up to the roof and took of some tiles. Then they lowered the sick man on his mat down into the crowd, right in front of Jesus.
Luke 5.18-19

Observation
The paralyzed man's friends were willing to do whatever it took to get him to Jesus.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Am I willing to do whatever it takes to get someone in front of Jesus? Am I bold enough to remove all obstacles that stand in their way? Are the lost important enough to me that I will "go the extra mile" to introduce them to Jesus?

Prayer
Lord God, I want to be a roof crasher for You! Help me be bold enough--strong enough in my faith--that I am willing to do whatever it takes to get people to You.

No comments: