Saturday, January 15, 2011

Life Journal, January 15, 2011

Life Journal, January 15, 2011
Today's readings: Genesis 37, 38; Psalm 7; Luke 15

HANGING OUT

Scripture
Tax collectors and other notorious sinners often came to listen to Jesus teach. This made the Pharisees and teachers of religious law complain that he was associating with such sinful people--even eating with them!
Luke 15.1, 2

Observation
Jesus spent time with the people who needed--and wanted--the Truth.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
I remember a time when people complained that I spent too much time with "those people." They were referring to men from the work center and people who attended a recovery program. They wanted me to focus on them and their needs--not the needs of the "sinners."

I needed this reminder today that I am here to reach people for Jesus. It is easy to forget as I get caught up in everyday life. It's not about what is clean, easy or comfortable . . . but reaching out and LOVING others. It's about being a light for Jesus, all the time. It's about having words that build-up not tear-down--it's about pointing people . . . taking them by the hand and leading them . . . to Jesus. It doesn't matter what other's say or think.

As I look for a church home, I find that I am looking for a church that is more concerned about reaching the lost then about a building or making the comfortable more comfortable.

So, today, I will not look for an "easy" church to attend, or an "easy and comfortable" path to follow--I will allow the Holy Spirit to work in my life and grow me into being more uncomfortable.

Prayer
Father God, work in me, change me, grow me, make me uncomfortable. Help me to have Your heart for the lost. Help me to be bold to share Your Good News! Help me to see others through Your eyes and not judge. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and use me!! Lord, I want to impact the world for You!!

No comments: