Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life Journal April 3, 2008
Today's readings: Judges 17, 18; Psalm 89; 2 Corinthians 3

God Reflector

Scripture
But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, then the veil is taken away. Now, the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, he gives freedom. And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more.
2 Corinthians 3.16-18 (NLT)

Observation
When God's Spirit lives in us, we reflect Him.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?"
The freedom that we receive from the Lord is freedom--not to do whatever we please--but, from leading lives filled with sin. When Christ died and the veil in the Temple was torn from top to bottom [And suddenly, the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn down the middle. Luke 23.45] . . .and our veil was removed. We can now reflect the glory of hte Lord--not because we are good enough, but because the Spirit of the Lord lives in us. And as we die more to ourselves and our sin-filled nature--we become more and more like Him--reflecting His glory more and more!

What is in my life, today, that is keeping me from reflecting His glory?

Prayer
Thank You Lord for the freedom I receive because of the gift of life You have given me through Your Son, Jesus. Come, Holy Spirit, dwell in me so I can reflect You more and more. Shine light on those areas in my life that I have allowed to be veiled--tear away the veil and shine Your Holy Light on them.

No comments: