Saturday, April 26, 2008

Life Journal April 26, 2008
Today's readings: 2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13

Permeating My World

Scripture
Jesus also used this illustration: "The Kingdom of Heaven is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough."
Matthew 13.33

Observation
It doesn't take much Jesus in our lives to impact lots of people!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
What a great illustration of how we can make a huge impact on those around us if we live the life Jesus called us to. It only takes a little bit of yeast to permeate every part of the flour/dough--it only takes little ol' me to make a difference--to permeate--the world around me.

But, I have to be willing to get into the dough and be used. I can't sit on the sidelines and expect to make a difference. I can only permeate something if I am in it.

Today, may I look for ways to mix Jesus into the lives of all those I come in contact with.

Prayer
Father God, use me today to permeate the world around me with Jesus. I want to make a difference in the name of Jesus. Open my eyes to the opportunities You put in front of me. Thank You for using me! Thank You for reminding me that it only takes a little to impact a much bigger portion!

No comments: