Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life Journal April 10, 2008
Today's readings: 1 Samuel 8-10; 2 Corinthians 10

Growing Beyond Ourselves

Scripture
"We hope that your faith will grow so that the boundaries of our work among you will be extended."

2 Corinthians 10.15b

Observation
We must move from our self-centeredness--growing in our faith so we can reach others for Jesus.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Stuck. Self-centered. It's all about me. We tend to like to not grow too much in our faith--we are afraid more will be required of us and we won't get our needs met. Our main concern--ourselves. If others decide to join us--and do things our way--we are good with it. But, we are not willing to go outside of our comfort zone, to move past what we like to reach others for Jesus.

I will continue to point others to Jesus, challenging them to grow their faith--to move beyond themselves. Not a popular thing to do, but if we are going to reach and change the world for Jesus we have to start with ourselves.

Prayer
Lord, how do I help others grow their faith and move beyond themselves? How do I help them catch the vision of reaching others for You? Lord, I pray for wisdom. I pray for changed hearts. I pray for patience. I pray that hearts will be broken for the lost. Work in us and through us this day!

No comments: