Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life Journal April 16, 2008
Today's readings: 1 Samuel 18; 1 Chronicles 6; Psalm 11; Matthew 3

What Am I Producing?

Scripture
[John the Baptist speaking to the Pharisees and Sadducees who had come to watch him baptize] "Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. . . .Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire."

Observation
Our lives are the living proof of our relationship (or lack of) with God.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Does my life demonstrate my faith? What areas do I need to work on? (Confess, repent, and turn to God)

Talking about my faith means little if I don't live it out. People tend to believe what they see more than what they hear. Does my life bear fruit? Am I different?

Today may I be more conscious about my walk matching my talk. May I not look and act like the rest of the world. Today may I remember the price that Christ paid for me and may I be transformed because of it.

Prayer
Lord God, it is one thing for me to claim to be a believer--it is another for me to live it out. Lord, may I live it out today in such a way that it points to You and only You. May I be fruit-bearing today. Open my eyes to those areas of sin that I need to confess, repent, and give to you. May my witness grow stronger and stronger as my faith and walk grow. Thank You.

No comments: