Friday, April 4, 2008

Life Journal April 4, 2008
Today's Readings Judges 19-21; 2 Corinthians 4

God Never Abandons

Scripture
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.
2 Corinthians 4.8-9

Observation
Because we have God in our lives, we are able to persevere through anything that comes at us.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Why do I fall so easily to the tricks of the evil one--believing that I am beaten????? No matter how things look around me, I must keep my eyes on Christ and put my full trust in God. He will NOT abandon me--no matter what it "feels" like. I KNOW THE TRUTH. And while the circumstances around me might look impossible--while I might feel beat up or lost--I AM NOT BEATEN! I cannot quit--I cannot give up--I must continue to get up and keep going . . . . not through my own strength--but through the power I have in Christ Jesus. I have been called to be faithful. Success looks different in God's eyes than in the eyes of the world. May I keep my eyes upon Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith.

Prayer
Father, I cannot stand without You. I depend on You and Your strength in my life. My trust is in You--You who made the heavens and earth. I trust You because I know how much You love me. I will no longer keep my eyes on the circumstances that surround me--but I will run the race, keeping my eyes focused on the prize--eternal life with You. I cannot be beaten down. I cannot be broken. I cannot be crushed. I will not give up. I do not run the race alone--YOU are with me--You will NEVER abandon me. Thank You Father for Your promises!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep going....you are wonderful in so many ways, but I admire your honesty