Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life Journal March 15, 2008
Today's readings: Deuteronomy 28, 29; Galatians 6

Have I Been Transformed?

Scripture
It doesn't matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation.
Galatians 6.15

Observation
Being a believer is not about following the law--it is about becoming like Christ.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Many "Christian" people like having rules to follow--laws, so to speak. It really doesn't require a heart change--just a head change. They have no love in them.

But, being a follower of Jesus Christ requires a heart change--which then transforms us from the inside out. Over and over Jesus tells us what the greatest commandment is--to LOVE the Lord our God with ALL our heart, all our mind, and all our strength. AND to LOVE our neighbor as ourself. What transforms us is loving as Jesus does. . . . not keeping some set of rules/laws. If we LOVE as we are commanded--we will be the person God has called us to be.

Today, I want to continue in the transformation process into being the new creation God has called me to be!

Prayer
Lord God, continue to work in me and through me. Continue to do the transformational work that You have begun in me so I can walk in Your ways. . . .being daily transformed into a new creation . . . into Your creation. Thank You Father.

No comments: