Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life Journal March 12, 2008
Today's readings: Deuteronomy 19-21; Galatians 3

Children of God

Scripture
For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3.26-28

Observation
When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we all become God's children--brothers and sisters. God sees us all the very same.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
How different the world would be--how different our churches would be--if we incorporated these words into our hearts. We wouldn't see people through our own eyes--but through God's. We would see the beauty in each one. We would appreciate the gift of each one.

How sad it must make God when I judge my brothers and sisters in Christ and treat some as second class citizens. If we have truly "put on" Christ then we should act like it. No more nit-picking. No more judgment.

Think how different the world would be if, instead of trying to trip one another up so we can look better--or feel better about ourselves, we walked arm in arm--loving and supporting one another. It would be much harder for our brothers and sisters to fall if we took better care of one another.

Today, may I hold these words close to my heart. May I look at my brothers and sisters through God's eyes--seeing them as God does. May I hold them up, support them, encourage them--making them stronger.......making me stronger in Him.

Prayer
Lord God, how quick we are to judge one another. How quick we are to be critical of one another. How quick we are to look down on one another. May I see my brothers and sisters as You do today. May I love them with Your heart. May I be an encourager today. May I be a support today. May I live as someone who is truly "clothed in Christ."

No comments: