Friday, March 14, 2008

Life Journal March 14, 2008
Today's readings: Deuteronomy 25-27; Galatians 5

True Freedom

Scripture
So Christ has truly set us free. . . . For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.
Galatians 5.1, 13-15

Observation
Because of Christ we are free to serve and love one another.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Freedom. Something we often take for granted in the United States. Many others around the world do not live in countries that gives them any freedom. Yet many of them enjoy more freedom than we can imagine--because they have truly found freedom in Christ! Wow!!

This week I have witnessed "mature Christians" misuse their freedom. They believe that freedom means to be served--not to serve out of love for one another. They have desired to control situations--counting only their own freedom as important . . . . what they deem as important and desirable. But, instead of being free--they lock themselves in their own box . . . . unhappy, miserable, and angry.

True freedom comes when we serve one another in love. That requires dying to ourselves--putting others first--loving others enough to serve them. True freedom comes when we take responsibility for our own lives--our own spiritual growth--how we live our lives in the service of our King . . . . giving our lives for our King.

Today may I live a life filled with Christ's freedom . . . . and love.

Prayer
My King, today I have freedom because of the battle that You fought on my behalf. I give my life to You--it is Yours. Use it as You will. May I be found faithful in serving You my Savior, my King.

No comments: