Monday, March 10, 2008

Life Journal March 10, 2008
Today's readings: Deuteronomy 13-15; Galatians 1

God Pleaser

Scripture
Obviously, I am not trying to be a people pleaser! No, I am trying to please God. If I were still trying to please people, I would not be Christ's servant.
Galatians 1.10

Observation
If we want to serve God, we must serve Him--not people.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Sounds easy enough--but it is often anything but easy.

I like to be liked--I like folks to get along. Those that I serve often seem to believe that my first responsibility is to please them--to do things their way. They are right here in my face--crying out for attention and to do things their way. If you don't there is a price to pay. While God's still small voice is not near as threatening.

We expect others to please us--to make us happy--to fulfill our needs. We put pleasing ourselves before pleasing God. What do I like?! What makes me happy?! How do I think things need to be done?! But, it's not about me.

My first concern--no matter the cost--needs to be pleasing God, not people.There is often a cost to it, but the things of earth are here today and gone tomorrow. The things of God are for eternity.

Today, may I be found pleasing God--putting Him first--rather than worried about pleasing people.

Prayer
Lord, help me please You! Help me to hear and follow Your voice--no matter the cost. Give me the strength I need to stand for You. Give me the wisdom to speak up when I should. May my heart be God-centered and not self-centered. Help me to stay strong and focused on You!

No comments: