Monday, June 30, 2008

Life Journal, June 30, 2008
Today's readings: Amos 7-9; Psalm 104; Titus 2

Our Instructions

Scripture
For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
Titus 2.11-14

Observation
We are not to continue to live a sinful life--Jesus Christ brought us freedom.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
God brought salvation to all people through His Son, Jesus Christ. We are not to continue to live in a sinful manner in this sinful world--we are called to be different. Jesus gave His life for me so that I would have freedom from every kind of sin! He cleanses me, making me His own and because of this I should desire to do (and according to the Scripture--to be totally committed to do) good deeds....my life should reflect the inward change in an outward manner.

We fall for the lies of the enemy--that we really don't have to strive to live a life that is no longer filled with sinful behavior--that God really doesn't expect that. When we should be turning our backs on the sin that entraps us leading a life filled with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God.

So, today, I will walk in the freedom from sin that God has offered me--and given me--through His Son, Jesus Christ. Today, I will commit to doing good deeds that reflect the Holy Spirit living within me.

Prayer
Father God, thank You for sending Jesus to take away my sins. Today, may I walk in that freedom. No more excuses for sinful behavior. You have given me victory and freedom over sin. And, may my outward life reflect my inward relationship to You.

No comments: