Saturday, June 21, 2008

Life Journal June 21, 2008
Today's readings: 2 Kings 6,7; 2 Chronicles 20; 1 Timothy 3

Victory

Scripture
He [Jahaziel] said, "Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's. Tomorrow, march out against them. You will find them coming thrugh the ascent of Ziz at the end of the valley that opens into the wilderness of Jeruel. But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions, then stand still and watch the Lord's victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!" . . .

When all the surrounding kingdoms heard that the Lord himself had fought against the enemies of Israel, the fear of God came over them.
2 Chronicles 20.15-17, 29

Observation
God is willing to fight the battle for us.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
How different life might be if we listened and allowed God to fight our battles for us. Instead, we rush ahead of God and do it--or at least try to--on our own.

If we are doing what God wants us to do, He will go ahead of us and either prepare the way or do it for us. But instead, thinking we have something to prove, we try to do it ourselves. Afterall, it is important to prove "I can do it!" with no ones help. Hmmmmmm

So, today (and hopefully tomorrow) I will watch God fight the battles--and I will trust Him with the outcome. For, without Him, I am powerless anyway.

Prayer
Lord, I am not always good at listening for Your direction and then following it. Help me to listen and follow Your directions. Let me stand and watch You as You fight the battle for me. Lord, that requires trusting You--and I want to, but sometimes I don't as much as I should. So, Lord, help my unbelief. Thank You for fighting and winning my battles for me!

No comments: