Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life Journal June 11, 2008 (woke up to snow!)
Today's readings: Song of Songs 5-8; Philippians 1


A Work In Progress


Scripture
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1.6


Observation
God is the One who started the good work within me . . . . and He's not done with me yet!


Application (How will I be different because of what I have just read?)
God, not me, is the One who began the good work in me. And it is not a one time event. I am an ongoing work--and sometimes. . . often, actually--it seems as if the work has just begun and there is much work to be done!

So, no matter what anyone might say, I need to remember that God is the One who is doing the Good Work within me . . . that He is not finished with me yet. I am a work in progress. God's work in me is not a one time event--but an ongoing labor of love on His part. [smile] So, I need to daily be open to what He is doing in me and through me and willing to continue to grow and be changed until that day when He returns for me. I have not arrived . . . yet--but someday. [smile]

Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your Word and Your promise here--You are at work in me and You won't quit until You are ready for me to come home. Lord, may I be open to Your guidance, Your lessons, Your changes in me. Continue to work in me . . . and through me. Thank You for loving me too much to leave me the same!

No comments: