Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Life Journal June 10, 2008
Today's readings: Song of Songs 1-4; Ephesians 6

Stand Firm

Scripture
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helment, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Ephesians 6.10-18

Observation
God gives us everything we need to be able to stand . . . and stand strong--but, we have to use it!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
I have to remember to put on my armor every day--I cannot go out of the house without it and then whine to God about all the attacks and injuries I receive that day. He has given me everything I need, but I have to use it if it is going to work.

So, today, I will remember to put on the FULL ARMOR OF GOD, so that I can stand strong as I go out into this world--able to withstand all that the enemy throws at me.

Also important fo rme to remember is to be persistent in my prayers for all believers everywhere. Not just those I know--but also those who are persecuted, those who are struggling, those who are standing strong for the Lord no matter their circumstances.

Prayer
God, You have given me all that I need to be Your warrior--to be able to fight the enemy in this dark world. You have given me the responsibility of carrying Your light into the darkness--and You have given me the "protection" I need to be able to do it-- but, I have to use it! Lord, help me to remember every morning to put on my armor--all of it--so I can stand strong for You. And, Father God, help me to remember to pray for all believers. They are Yours and are serving You in many different ways around the world--protect them, make them bold, give them Your Words to share. In Jesus name . . .

No comments: