Thursday, June 19, 2008

Life Journal June 19, 2008
Today's readings: 2 Kings 1-3; Psalm 82; 1 Timothy 1

Focused On Love

Scripture
The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith. But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless discussions.
1 Timothy 1.5-6

Observation
It is easy to get side-tracked and focused on the unimportant.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
As I read this several different people came to mind--I thought--boy, do they need to hear this! Then God said--in what ways do you do it. . . not me, Lord. . .

How am I missing the whole point--what am I focusing on that I shouldn't be?

The enemy keeps us focused on the unimportant as much as possible to we aren't focused on Kingdom issues. We get off on trails that lead to no where--focused on what we think is important--not what God thinks is important.

So, today, I need to spend time and discern if I am filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith. I need to look at what things are pulling me into meaningless discussions--away from Kingdom issues.

Prayer
Father God, please forgive me--how do I get so easily side-tracked?!?! Help me to discern those things that are Kingdom issues and those that aren't. Help me set aside the unimportant. Hep me to reflect Your love in all I do.

No comments: