Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Life Journal July 2, 2008
Today's readings: Isaiah 4, 5; Psalms 115, 116; Jude

Remaining Faithful

Scripture
But you, my dear friends, must remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ said. They told you that in the last times there would be scoffers whose purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires. These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God's Spirit in them.

But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God's love.

And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.
Jude 17-23

Observation
We must always be intentional in our walk.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
It is easy to get sidetracked in our everyday coming and going. . . . and often we don't even realize it. . . . and before long we slip into old sin habits--or begin new ones. And it happens so easily, so naturally that we don't even notice.

To keep from falling away, I have to be intentional everyday at being faithful. I have to keep watch over my words, my actions, my heart. I have to make good choices--not necessarily easy ones.

My human nature is sinful--I have to allow the Holy Spirit to work in my life everyday if I am going to walk the holy path that God has called me to.

Prayer
Father, it is easy to get side-tracked. Please help me to keep my eyes and ears and heart open to the Holy Spirit--so that I am faithful to remain on the path You have put before me. And Lord, if I begin to wander off the path, please take my hand and bring me back to Your path.

No comments: