Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life Journal, July 30, 2008
Today's readings: Isaiah 60-62; John 1

Prepare the Way

Scripture
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed and the blind will see.
Isaiah 61.1

God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. . . .

"Then who are you? We need an answer for those who sent us. What do you have to say about yourself?"

John replied in the words of the prophet Isaiah:
"I am a voice shoulting in the wilderness,
'Clear the way for the Lord's coming!'"
[Isaiah 40.3]

John 1.6-9, 22-23

Observation
We should all be giving witness to the Light in our life.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Am I clearly pointing the way to the Lord? Does my life shine brightly with His Light? We are all called to be His witnesses--to prepare the way for His return--to share the Good News with others. So, my question this morning is--how's it going???

I must be more intentional about being a voice for God and all that He has done for me. We are all called to be His witness--my life needs to be so filled with God that my life is a witness. I cannot do that alone--I need God's strength and power. I need His eyes so I can see.

I recently heard somewhere that God doesn't want first place in our life. . . .He wants our life. He wants to infiltrate and fill and possess each and every area of our life and all that we do.

So, today, I will be a light--pointing to the One true Light, Jesus Christ.

Prayer
Lord, You are the Light of the World--fill me and use me to spread Your Light, Your Love, and Your Good News.

No comments: