Thursday, July 24, 2008

Life Journal July 24, 2008
Today's readings: Isaiah 40-42; 1Peter 3

One Heart, One Mind

Scripture
Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has call you to do, and he will bless you for it.
1 Peter 3.8-9

Observation
It's about love and relationship.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
God gave His Son, Jesus, because He wanted to be in relationship with me. . .because of His love for me. It is an amazing--and difficult--thing to understand. Someone loved me enough--even before I was born--to give themself for me so they could be in relationship with me.

And what is asked in return for this amazing gift--that I love and seek to be in relationship with others. God loves me--I love God and demonstrate this love by loving others--unconditionally. God wants to be in relationship with me--I choose to be in relationship with Him when I choose to be in relationship with others. . . when I put others first.

Following God's example is what I am called to do--to love and seek to be in relationship with others--no matter the cost.

Prayer
Father God, I am amazed by Your love for me and Your desire to be in relationship with me. May I walk in that love, may I enjoy that relationship--and may I live it out through my love and relationships with others. Give me Your love and Your desire to connect and be in relationship with others. May I help others to find the path that leads to You through my actions and words--may they all point to You!

No comments: