Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life Journal, December 9, 2008
Today's readings: 1 Timothy 5, 6; Titus 1-3

Doing Good

Scripture
Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive.
Titus 3.14

Observation
We are called to do good.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
We are called to do good--not to earn our salvation--but to reflect it and our love of God and Christ. Then why don't we do a better job of it??

Today I will look for ways to reach out and do good--to meet the needs of others, to be the hands and feet of God--reflecting His love to others.

Prayer
Father God, may Your love flow out of me today . . . and everyday . . . not only in words, but in very practical ways. Today, may I do good to others, impacting their lives for You!!!

No comments: