Saturday, December 6, 2008

Life Journal, December 6, 2008
Today's readings: Philippians 1-4

A Different Life

Scripture
Always be full of joy in the Lord, I say it again--rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. . . . Then the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4.4-9

Observation
When our complete focus--and worship--is on God, everything else will fall into place.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
These great verses remind me today that I need to keep my eyes upon God. That everything I do must be covered in prayer and done with a God-heart. It is when I do things on my own that I begin to worry and fret.

These verses today remind me of the life I am called to live. An expectant life, filled with joy and peace and righteousness. And it is possible--but I have to want it and do whatever it takes . . . whatever God asks of me . . . to have it. The problem is most of us think this will be a life where we get all the things we want, where things will go our way--but it's not. It's a life, where in truth, those things don't matter. It is a God-centered, God-filled life.

So, today, I will continue to work at being the person God has called me to be. I will set aside any worry. I will be full of joy in all circumstances. I will tell God what I need and trust that He will give me what I need (not necessarily what I ask for). I will fix my thoughts on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable. I will experience God's perfect peace--because He has promised it and He is faithful to keep His promises. I will open myself to receive it. Amen!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word! Today, help me to be the person You desire me to be. Capture my thoughts and my words--let them be Yours. Today, may I shine brightly for You!

No comments: