Monday, December 8, 2008

Life Journal, December 8, 2008
Today's readings: 1 Timothy 1-4

He Came For Me

Scripture
This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners"--and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. All honor and gloroy to God forever and ever! He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies: he alone is God. Amen.
1 Timothy 1.15-17

Observation
Jesus came to save sinners!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
An important reminder--Jesus came into the world to save sinners . . . and I am the worst of them. It is easy to forget and become judgmental of others (which in itself is a sin!!). I am thankful for Paul's reminder of God's patience with even the worst sinners--that includes me!

So today, I will be mindful my what God has done in my life and the work that He is doing in the lives of others. I will extend grace and patience. I will love in His name, sharing what He has done in my life--how He saved me--the worst of sinners.

Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your great patience with me. Thank You for Your gift of salvation. Thank You for loving me so much and never giving up on me. Thank You for reminding me today of what You have done for me. Help me to see others with Your eyes and to share You love with all.

No comments: