Thursday, December 11, 2008

Life Journal, December 11, 2008
Today's readings: Philemon; Hebrews 1-4

Boldy To the Throne

Scripture
So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Hebrews 4.14-16

Observation
Because of Christ, I can come boldly to the very throne of God.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Jesus understands all my struggles--all my trials--everything that I have and will experience. And He did not sin. And He offers me the power I need to not sin--but I have to be willing to say "NO!!" to myself and to the sin. . .just as He did.

And because of what Christ has done for me--took on my sin and died for ME!--I can come directly to God with EVERYTHING. And, He is willing to extend His grace and His mercy in my life--just because I ask and I am His child and He LOVES ME!! How amazing!!

So today, rather than try to do things on my own and fall, I will ask God to come through His Holy Spirit and give me the strength that I need to withstand those things that come at me. Today, I will say "No" to myself . . . because of God's mercy and grace in my life . . . and "YES!!" to what God has for me. Knowing that in all things I can trust Him.

Prayer
Father God, today I come boldly to Your throne and ask that You work in my life today, continuing the work You have started, shaping and molding me more and more into the image of Jesus. Give me the strength I need to say "No!" to myself when I need to. Continue to fill me with Your Holy Spirit, so I may fully live in Your grace and experience Your mercy. Thank You Father for Your Son Jesus--because in Him I have life in You.

No comments: