Friday, December 12, 2008

Life Journal, December 12, 2008
Today's readings: Hebrews 5-8

Patiently Waiting

Scripture
Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised.
Hebrews 6.15

Observation
God always delivers on His promises . . . on His timetable.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Waiting on God. . .something that I'm not always good at. I find myself thinking, He promised it . . . why isn't it happening?? God's timing and mine are often very different.

I live in an instant world of fast food, fast cars, immediate gratification. We want it now! The thought of waiting for something is non-existent for many. And, I have to admit, I am just as guilty. I wait a day . . . or a week . . . or a month . . . or a year . . . or longer--and wonder why God isn't doing what He said He would do. Doesn't He care?? Where is He?? Is there something I need to do to make it happen?? And then I decide that I need to take it into my own hands . . . and that never works out right--I always make a mess of it.

So, today, I will trust God. I will continue to grow in my faith that God will keep His promises to me. I will not try to take things into my own hands. I will take a deep breathe and wait . . . patiently . . . upon the Lord.

Prayer
Father God, I confess that I get impatient with You. I believe, for some reason, that my timing is better than Yours. Forgive my arrogance and lack of faith and trust. Lord, I cannot do this on my own--I have proven that--so, please, through Your Holy Spirit, help me to wait upon You. Help me to trust in Your promises. Help me to have faith in You. Thank You for Your amazing patience with me!

No comments: