Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life Journal, December 17, 2008
Today's reading: John 2-4

God's Gift

Scripture
[Jesus speaking] "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

"There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God's light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants."
John 3.16-21

Observation
God loves me so much that He sent His Son, Jesus the Christ, so that I could walk in the Light and share the Light with others.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
The message of Christmas. God came to earth in human form . . . as a baby . . . because of His amazing, extravagant love for ME! He has brought Light to my life and when I allow Him to fill my life with His Light there is no room for darkness (sin). Sin can only hide and run rampant in darkness. When the pure Light of God shines on it--it is exposed and we have to decide what to do with it. . .remain in darkness which brings death . . . or remove it from our lives, which brings life--abundant life.

So today, I will live in the Light. I will look for any darkness in me that is revealed as the Light consumes me. . .and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, remove it. So that the Light of Jesus Christ can shine brightly in me and through me. I will look for every opportunity to share the Light today!

Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your great love for me. Thank You for Your gift of Jesus. Lord, I offer my life as my gift to You. It's not much--but it is all that I have. I am Yours. May Your Light shine brightly in me today!

No comments: