Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life Journal, December 13, 2008 (a cold and snowy morning)
Today's readings: Hebrews 9-11

Hope

Scripture
And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
Hebrews 10.19-25

Observation
All our hope is found in Christ because of what He did for us.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
It is overwhelming to think of what Christ has done for us. Because of Him and His work on the cross, I am able to enter into the Holy of Holies--to go right to God. It has nothing to do with my earning it or being good enough or me at all (other than God's amazing love for me making it all possible).

It is important for me to remember these truths and to "hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise." No matter what it looks like--I must hold on to hope and remember that God can be trusted to do what He says He is going to do. I have to keep the faith [chapter 11 of Hebrews!!].

So today, I will remember these truths so that I can walk and live in them. I will look for ways to perform acts of love and good works--because God has told me to--not because they will make me right with God. Today I will hang on to my hope in Christ and my faith in God.

Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your truths. For your promises--that You are faithful to fulfill. Fill me with more and more faith, so that I can be found faithful to You.

No comments: