Friday, November 14, 2008

Life Journal, November 14, 2008
Today's readings: Psalm 149; 1 Corinthians 15, 16

Never Give Up

Scripture
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
1 Corinthians 15.58

Observation
No matter how things might look to us--everything we do for the Lord, in His name, does make a difference.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
It is easy to get disheartened as we serve God. There is so much ugliness in the world . . . and in the church . . . that sometimes we can wonder why we even try--does it make a difference? Praise God for this reminder that YES it does make a difference, whether we can see it or not. We can trust that if what we are doing is for the Lord it does make a difference.

So, today, I will press on toward the mark of the high calling of Jesus Christ. I will never give up! I will never give in! I will love others in the name of Jesus! I will serve others in the name of Jesus! I will trust that He will use everything I do to bring Him glory and honor and point only to Him!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for this word of encouragement today. May I faithfully serve even when it does not appear to make any difference--even when it appears quite the opposite. Thank You for Your promises and Your faithfulness!!

No comments: