Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life Journal, November 12, 2008
Today's readings: Job 37, 38; 1 Corinthians 12

Who Am I?

Scripture
Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: "Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words? Brace yourself like a man, becaukse I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much. Who determined its dimensions and stretched out the surveying line? Who supports its foundations, and who laid its cornerstone as the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? . . ."
Job 38.1-7

Observation
Who am I to question God? Yet . . . he allows me to wrestle with Him and to ask any question I need to. But, no matter what happens in my life or in the world--God still sits on the throne!!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
One of my favorite chapters in the Bible. (I say that everytime that I read it.) For 36 chapters Job has questioned why these things have happened to him. His friends have accused him of not recognizing the sin in his life. Then God replies to Job . . .

God points out that we really aren't in a position to question Him and where He intercedes--or doesn't intercede--in our lives. Who am I to question God?? These verses pretty much put me in my place as I read them and remember just how big God is.

Yet, I know that I can question God. That I can ask Him the hard things. That I can wrestle with Him. And I don't need to fear His response to me. He is a loving Father who cares about me.

Today, no matter what happens today, I will remember who My Father is (He created everything afterall!) and how much He loves me.

Prayer
Father God, thank You for reminding me who You are and just how big You are. You are faithful . . . and You love me!!

No comments: