Saturday, September 1, 2007

Life Journal September 1, 2007
Today's Readings: Ezekiel 15, 16; Psalm 70; Revelation 6



Our Covenant-Keeping God
Topic: God's Nature


Scripture
"Now this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will give you what you deserve, for you have taken your solemn vows lightly by breaking your covenant. Yet I will keep the covenant I made with you when you were young, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. Then you will remember with shame all the evil you have done. . . . And I will reaffirm my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord. You will remember your sins and cover your mouth in silence and shame when I forgive you of all that you have done, says the Sovereign Lord."
Ezekiel 16.59-63 (NLT)


Observation
That while we are often unfaithful in our commitment to God--He desires to remain in relationship with us and not only keeps his covenant with us . . . . . He establishes an everlasting one with us.


Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
This Scripture reminds me that once I become a child of God, I am His forever. His everlasting covenant (His Son, Jesus Christ, taking on my sin and paying the price in full for it--dying my death) with me is just that . . . . everlasting. He paid the price, once and for all time, for me. All because He wants to be in relationship with me. Me a sinner. He loves me that much.

What will it look like if I walk in that covenant relationship with Him--if I do my part? (I know He does His part.) To love Him first and put Him first in all areas of my life. To love what He loves. To love the lost and share His love with them. To say "no" to my rebellious and sinful self. To remember that it is not about me--it is about my Lord. To die to my self. To choose to walk in the Light. To choose to do what He calls me to do. To choose--every minute of every day--to find my life in Him.


Prayer
Lord God, I am overwhelmed by the thought that You desire to be in relationship with me--me a sinner. You love me . . . . . . . just as I am. Lord, I want to live a life that brings You honor and glory. I want to please You and You alone. But Lord, I often fall down--slip-up--make a mess of things-- because I try to please others . . . . . . or even worse, I worry about pleasing myself. Today Lord, I start fresh. Today Lord, I once again commit myself to following You. Today Lord, I will love you first. Help me Lord to be the person You have called me to be--Your child. Thank You Lord for loving me, today and everyday, especially when I am not so lovable. I do love You. May it show today! Amen.

No comments: