Monday, September 3, 2007

Life Journal September 3, 2007
Today's readings: Ezekiel 20, 21; Psalm 111; Revelation 8



What Do I Have That God Could Want or Need?
Topic: Worship

Scripture
"For on my holy mountain, says the Sovereign Lord, the people of Israel will someday worship me, and I will accept them. There I will require that you bring me all your offerings and choice gifts and sacrifices. When I bring you home from exile, you will be as pleasing to me as an offering of perfumed incense. And I will display my holiness in you as all the nations watch. Then when I have brouth you home to the land I promised your ancestors, you will know that I am the Lord. You will ook back at all your sins and hate yourselves because of the evil you have done. You will know that I am the Lord, O people of Israel, when I have honored my name by treating you mercifully in spite of your wickedness, says the Sovereign Lord."
Ezekiel 20.40-44 (NLT)

Observation
God's patience and mercy and faithfulness is beyond anything I can understand. And, because of this . . . . . because of His great love for me, in spite of my sinfulness. . . . . . . He alone deserves all my worship.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
God asks for my best--my all. For if I give Him all that I have, then there is nothing to give to the "idols" of the world . . . . . . money, power, success, material things, etc.

It is amazing to me that God "needs" anything from me. Afterall, He created the world, He hung the stars in the sky, He created everything. And yet, He desires to be in relationship with me. He loves me and wants me to love Him in return. The only way that I can demonstrate my love to Him and for Him is when I bring Him my best, my all, me.

For me to do this, I must die to myself . . . . . giving myself completely to God, withholding nothing. Not easy to do, there are dark corners that I have hidden that I don't want Him to know about. . . . . how sneaky the enemy is--whispering that God wouldn't want that part, hissing that there are parts of my life that I should withhold because God would be disappointed if He knew. Ha! He does know every part of me. He created me. And He wants to shine light on all the darkness in my life, but He can only do that if I allow Him to--if I give myself totally to Him.

What do I have that God could want or need?????? ME! 100% of me. All my love. All I have. I must bring to Him and lay me at His feet. I can know, with confidence, that is the sacrifice that will be pleasing to Him. That is the gift He wants--the perfect offering from me is me!

Prayer
Father God, I am overwhelmed by the thought that what You want is me. Lord, I continue to give myself to You. Lord, continue to work in my life, shining Your perfect Light on all the dark corners--so I can belong to you more and more. Lord, I offer myself to You . . . . . completely. Thank You for loving me so much. Thank You for calling me by name to be Your child. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: