Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life Journal September 24, 2007
Today's reading: Ezra 1; Psalm 84,85; Luke 7


God Stirring the Pot--I Mean the Heart





Scripture
"In the first year of King Cyrus of Persia, the Lord fulfilled Jeremiah's prophecy by stirring the heart of Cyrus to put this proclamation into writing and to send it throughout his kingdom: . . . .

"Then God stirred the hearts of the priests and Levites and the leaders of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple of the Lord."

Ezra 1.1,5

Observation
God stirs hearts to accomplish His will.


Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
Where is God stirring hearts--is He stirring mine or is He stirring others and wanting me to join in and work with them. How often do I miss God's stirring within me? God can even stir the heart of those who don't serve Him (at least knowingly) to open doors for us to serve Him. But, do I miss Him because He uses someone I wouldn't expect Him to??

More questions today than answers. I need to be looking for where God is at work--where He is stirring hearts--especially when it's mine!!

Prayer
Lord God, Please work in my heart--stir it--so I can be who you want me to be. Use me. Let me be alert to where You are at work. Thank You for Your promises. Amen

No comments: