Monday, September 10, 2007

Life Journal September 10, 2007
Today's readings: Lamentations 3-5; Revelation 15



The Importance of Remembering

Scripture
"I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:

"The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!'

"The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord."
Lamentations 3.20-26

Observation
No matter what happens, or how things may feel or appear--God is still present . . . . still loving us.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
WIthout the hope I have in the Lord, I have nothing. I have to hold on to the truth that I know--no matter how bad things may get, no matter how life "feels." I hold on to the truths I know--"The unfailing love of the Lord never ends!" Even when it might not feel that way--my hope lies in God's promises. Without that hope, life would be unbearable at times. "Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day."

I have to continue to stay focused on what God has done for me--and come to a point where I can say--'Even if God did nothing else for me, His gift of grace--through the death of His Son, Jesus--is enough.'

Not always easy to do--I am in a world that tells me I deserve my own way--that life should be good. But reality tells me that because of the world, my life won't be always "good." (which in itself is a relative term).

There have been times when I have felt alone--that God is no where to be found. But I hope--I hold on to the truths that I know--I hold on to His promises--no matter what my circumstances--I can know, without a doubt . . . ."The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! . . . Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day."

Prayer
Lord, thank You for Your promises. They are the life-saving rope that You throw to me so I can hold on until I have the strength to pull myself back to You. Thank You for Your unfailing love. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for Your mercies. Thank You that they are not dependent on how I feel--they are always there and very real. Thank You for always being there--no matter what. Amen.

No comments: