Thursday, September 6, 2007

Life Journal September 6, 2007
Today's readings: Ezekiel 29-32; Revelation 11

Am I Ready?
Topic: Discipleship

Scripture
"Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices shouting in heaven: 'The whole world has now become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and he will reign forever and ever.'
"And the twenty-four elders sitting on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshiped him. And they said,
"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the one who is and who always was,
for now you have assumed your great power
and have begun to reign.
The nations were angry with you,
but now the time of your wrath has come.
It is time to judge the dead and reward your servants.
You will reward your prophets
and your holy people,
all who fear your name, from the
least to the greatest.
And you will destroy all who have
caused destruction on the earth.'
"Then, in heaven, the Temple of God was opened and the Ark of his covenant could be seen inside the Temple. Lightning flashed, thunder crashed and roared: there was a great hailstorm, and the world was shaken by a mighty earthquake."
Revelation 11.15-19 (NLT)

Observation
There will be a day when the whole world will become the Kingdom of God--where He will be worshiped and He will reign . . . .and judge.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
The book of Revelation reminds me that there is a day coming when the world will be different, when Heaven will truly be on earth--and a day of judgement. The reading in Ezekiel, today, also points to God's holiness, righteousness, and judgement.

While I look forward to Christ's return--I find myself looking at my life and wondering if I am truly ready to stand before Him to be judged. I know that I am saved--I have no question there. But, Christ will judge what I have done . . . . and haven't done. . . . . while on earth. Am I ready for that?

I sometimes find myself thinking--well there is always tomorrow--I can worry about that then. Today I don't have time to make that call to a shut-in or help someone who is hungry or homeless or reach out to someone who is lonely. I can do that tomorrow . . . . . but tomorrow never seems to come. I get so busy with busyness that there isn't time for what is truly important. What will Christ say about my busyness??

Prayer
Father, forgive me and my busyness--especially when it is done in Your name. It is so much easier to be busy for You than to truly serve You by reaching out and touching others in Your name. Please forgive me. I want to make a difference for You. Turn my busyness into service to others in Your name. Thank You Father. Amen.

No comments: