Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Life Journal September 5, 2007
Today's readings: Ezekiel 25-28; Revelation 10

A Vision for Today?


Scripture
"Son of man, weep for the king of Tyre. Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: You were the perfection of wisdom and beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God. Your clothing was adorned with every precious stone--red carnelian, chrysolite, white moonstone, beryl, onyx, jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald--all beautifully crafted for you and set in the finest gold. They were given to you on the day you were created. I ordained and anointed you as the mighty angelic guardian. You had access to the holy mountain of God and walked among the stones of fire.

"You were blameless in all you did from the day you were created until the day evil was found in you. Your great wealth filled you with violence, and you sinned. So I banished you from the mountain of God, I expelled you, O mighty guardian from your place amont the stones of fire. Your heart was filled with pride because of all your beauty. You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth and exposed you to the curious gaze of kings.

"You defiled your sanctuaries with your many sins and your dishonest trade. So I brought fire from within you, and it consumed you. I let it burn you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. All who knew you are appaled at your fate. You have come to a terrible end, and you are no more."

Ezekiel 28.12-19 (NLT)

Observation
These verses could be written about us (USA) today as easily as they were about Tyre so long ago.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
These verses reflect what has happened to a country whom God had blessed and they misused His blessings. Makes me stop and think about my part in it all--what parts am I responsible for? What do I need to change in my life that can impact others?

Prayer
Lord God, as I read these verses about Tyre and it's downfall I think of my country and how far we have fallen. Lord, how do I need to be changed to make a difference in your name? Is it too late? Lord, help us. Bring us to our knees. Open our eyes to how badly we need You! Amen

No comments: