Sunday, September 2, 2007

Life Journal September 2, 2007
Today's readings: Ezekiel 27-19; Revelation 7



Praising God

Scripture
After this I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white and held palm branches in their hands. And they were shouting with a mighty shout, "Salvation comes from our God on the throne and from the Lamb!"

And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living begins. And they fell face down before the throne and worshiped God. They said,

"Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and forever. Amen!"

Then one of the twenty-four elders asked me, "Who are these who are clothed in white? Where do they come from?"

And I said to him, "Sir, you are the one who knows."

Then he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and made them whilte. That is why they are standing in front of the throne of God, serving him day and night in his Temple. And he who sits on the throne will live among them and shelter them. They will never again be hungry or thirsty, and they will be fully protected from the scorching noontime heat. For the Lamb who stands in front of the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to the springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe away all their tears."
Revelation 7.9-17 (NLT)


Observation
Worship in heaven is going to be indescribable!


Application
What an amazing picture of worship in heaven! One of the things that stands out to me is verse 10: "And they were shouting with a mighty shout, 'Salvation comes from our God on the throne and from the Lamb!'" They were shouting!

As I prepare to go to church today, I will take this picture of worship with me. A picture of people being so excited to be worshiping the Living God and His Son, that they are shouting. When was the last time I shouted in church? Why is it so easy to cheer and shout at a football game--and so hard to worship God with enthusiasm and shouting? How sad it must make God when I don't give my all in worship to Him.

One of the other things that stands out to me is verse 9: "After this I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb." I think it is easy to think that everyone in heaven is going to look and sound just like me. What a great reminder that it is going to be wonderfully diverse! And a vast crowd!

Heaven is going to be amazing. To be in the presence of God--SHOUTING my praises! Come soon Lord Jesus!

Prayer
FATHER, BLESSING AND GLORY AND WISDOM AND THANKSGIVING AND HONOR AND POWER AND STRENGTH BELONG TO YOU FOREVER AND EVER! SALVATION COMES FROM YOU ALONE! YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY OF ALL MY WORSHIP. MAY MY WORSHIP TODAY--ALL OF IT, NOT JUST IN CHURCH, BUT ALL THAT I DO THAT BRINGS YOU GLORY AND HONOR--BE A SWEET AND ACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE TO YOU! AMEN!!

No comments: