Monday, November 5, 2007

Life Journal November 5, 2007
Today's readings: Job 28, 29; Galatians 1, 2

Pleasing God

Scripture
"Obviously, I'm not trying to be a people pleaser! No, I am trying to please God. If I were still trying to please people I would not be Christ's servant.
Galatians 1.10

Observation
We can't please people and God--you have to choose who you are going to please.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
Sometimes it is hard to do what we should to please God when people are all around us telling us what, how, when, and where we should do everything. As a pastor, I have many who see their role as being my "boss." When, in truth, I only have One--God. And try as hard as I might to listen and be faithful to what God calls me to do, sometimes it is really hard when all the other voices are shouting at you and angry because you don't do it their way--which obviously is the right way.

So, how can I be different--how can I bring "peace" to my life as a servant of the Most High? I can't. I have to listen for God's voice and then do what He asks--no matter the cost. I have to weigh what I hear/do against the Word so I make sure it is His voice I am following and not my own--or someone elses.

Sometimes it would be easier to take the road everyone points to--but God never promised me it would be easy to serve Him. I must make the choice--who do I serve . . . . God or man? May I be found faithful in serving God.

Prayer
Lord, forgive me for sometimes giving in to the pressure of others. I pray for wisdom, courage, boldness, strength, and compassion so that I can walk in the ways You want me to go. I cannot do it without You. And, Lord, please open the eyes and ears of others so that they will also hear Your voice and see the path and journey You are calling us to.

No comments: