Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Life Journal November 6, 2007
Today's readings: Job 30; Psalm 120; Galatians 3, 4

Child of God

Scripture
"So you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have been made like him. There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. For you are all Christians--you are one in Christ Jesus. And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and now all the promises God gave to him belong to you....And because you Gentiles have become his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, and now you can call God your dear Father. Now you are no longer a slave but God's own child. And since you are his child, everything he has belongs to you."
Galatians 3. 26-29; 4.6-7

Observation
Once we accept Jesus as our personal Savior we become a child of the Most High God!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
I am God's child. I AM God's child! So, why do I act like an orphan so much of the time? I should walk with my head up, walk in boldness and strength and love--because I am God's child.

My earthly parents adopted me--gave me their name, their love, and their acceptance as their child. God has adopted me into His family--He has given me His name, His love, and His acceptance as His child. I am God's child!

Just as I went to my earthly parents for all my needs, for direction, for protection, for my care--God wants me to look to Him to meet all my needs, for life's direction, for my protection, and for my care.

He loves me as His own. He loves me as He does His Son, Jesus. He wants me to walk as His child.

I think about children arguing over whose dad has the best job, is the strongest, provides the best. And I think--it's my Dad! God is the best Dad ever. And He is my Dad!!

I need to remember today just who my Dad is--I am God's child!

Prayer
Dad, thank You for loving me so much. Thank You for taking such good care of me. Thank You for loving me enough to discipline me when I need it. Thank You for sending Jesus so I could be Your child. I love You Dad!

No comments: