Sunday, November 18, 2007

Life Journal November 18, 2007
Today's Readings: Psalm 124; 2 Corinthians 11-13

Serving In My Weaknesses

Scripture
"But to keep me from getting puffed up, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from getting proud.

"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, 'My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2 Corinthians 12.7b-10

Observation
God can use what I and others perceive as weaknesses.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
How often do I use my weaknesses as excuses to not do something--or to blame for something that I didn't do well [not necessarily because of weakness--but because of me not being prepared, or going about it wrong, etc.]?

I sometimes [probably more times than I would like to admit] allow my weaknesses to serve as excuses--not allowing God to work through them. Ouch.

I need to allow God to use all of me--including my many weaknesses--for His glory.

Prayer
Lord God, sometimes I don't see/understand how you could use me at all--especially with all my weaknesses. Yet, Your Word tells me that in my weakness You show Yourself--that way You get the glory--not me. Use my weaknesses. Use me. Thank You!

No comments: