Friday, November 16, 2007

Life Journal November 16, 2007
Today's Readings: 2 Corinthians 3-6

A New Life

Scripture
"What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!"

2 Corinthians 5.17

Observation
We are to be transformed into a new creation when Jesus Christ comes to reside in us.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
It is easy for me to look at others and "judge" where they are in their Christian walk. Are they a new person?

Rather than worry about others, I need to focus on myself and my walk. I need to make sure that I am not falling back into old ways and old habits. I am called to live and be different. Am I??

When I get upset or lose patience with someone am I reflecting the love of God? Do I look for the faults in others to build myself up? My walk now should not reflect my old life. Does it? Probably more than I would like to admit.

Today I need to be aware of the life I am living--and my attitude toward others. Do I reflect Christ or the world?

Prayer
Lord, today as I walk and work and reach out to others, may my life reflect a new me--because of You and what You have done for me. Lord, may my focus be on You today as I walk in the newness of life that You have called me to.

No comments: