Thursday, November 8, 2007

Life Journal November 8, 2007
Today's readings: Job 30; 1 Corinthians 1-3

An Untapped Source

Scripture
"But we know these things because God has revealed them to us by his Spirit, and his Spirit searches out everything and shows us even God's deep secrets. . . . And God has actually given us his Spirit (not the world's spirit) so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us. . . . But we can understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ."
1 Corinthians 2.10,12,16b

Observation
God uses His Holy Spirit to teach us and reveal more of God to us.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
As I read God's Word today I realize how little I count on the Holy Spirit to reveal God's truth and wisdom to me. I talk about how important the Holy Spirit is in my life, but do I take advantage of this amazing gift that God has given me. What more could I do if I truly plugged in to the Holy Spirit, if I allowed the Holy Spirit to rule in my life. To think that, because of the Holy Spirit [which is actually God] residing in me, I have the mind of Christ. It is more than I can comprehend. And what I am realizing today is that I do not depend on the Holy Spirit--therefore, do not receive even a fraction of the benefits of having Him in my life. What a waste. How much more could I do if I were to truly turn my life over to God/Christ/Holy Spirit?!?!?!?!

Prayer
Father, I confess that I do not depend on the Holy Spirit as I should. I want You, through Your Spirit, to reign in my life. To give me wisdom, strength, . . . . . to give me the mind of Christ. It is what you desire for all of us. . . . even me. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit. May I continue to give myself to You more and more so that the Holy Spirit can reign in my life. Thank You for Your promises. May I be filled with more and more of Your Spirit each day.

No comments: