Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Life Journal October 24, 2007
Today's readings: Job 15; Acts 19, 20



The Gift of Encouragement

Scripture
"When it was all over, Paul sent for the believers and encouraged them. Then he said good-bye and left for Macedonia. Along the way, he encouraged the believers in all the towns he passed through."
Acts 20.1-2

Observation
It is important to encourage one another.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I just read?)
For some reason, I hadn't thought about Paul as an encourager. But, he was. And Luke included it in the Scriptures. So, it must be something important for me to remember . . . . . and do. [smile]

Why is it easier to judge and criticize rather than encourage. Why do words that tear down come quicker than those that build-up and encourage?

Today, I will watch my words. Today, I will use my words to build-up and to encourage--fellow believers . . . . . . and all those that God places in my path.

Prayer
Father, I would love to be known as one who is an encourager. One who builds people up--not beat them down. Lord, since my words reflect my relationship with You, may they be Your words--filled with hope, joy, love, and encouragement. And, may You use them to draw people to you!

No comments: