Saturday, December 8, 2007

Life Journal December 8, 2007
Today's Readings: 1 Timothy 1-4

God Filled

Scripture
The purpose of my instruction is that all the Christians there would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and sincere faith.
1 Timothy 1.5

Observation
The kind of love that we should have--as believers--is the type that comes from God filling our lives with His presence.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
To be filled with love that comes from--a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a sincere faith. That can only happen when God fills my life . . . . and I allow Him to take over my life. This can't happen any other way. I cannot have a pure heart or a clear conscience or even a sincere faith unless I allow God to completely permeate my life . . . . to so fill it that there isn't room for anything else. How wonderful that would be . . . . but, in reality . . . . it is a constant struggle. I want that to be my life. I want to be so filled with God's love that there is no room for anything else. But, it seems, that there are so many other things that get in the way of that happening.

So, how can I be different?? I have to be intentional (once again) at allowing God into all parts of my life. I have to continually die to myself so that He can have more and more of me. I have to be willing to let go of all those things I hold on to so tightly and just cling to Him.

It is going to require a lot of work on my part . . . . but God and I can do it--one step, one prayer, one outstretched hand at a time.

Prayer
Lord, make me into the person You want me to be. That's a scary thing to pray. . . . because I don't know exactly what that means. But, I want to be the child You want me to be. I want to love as You want me to love. But, I can only do it with You taking over my life. . . . . all of it. It's Yours Lord. Do with me as You please.

No comments: