Friday, December 7, 2007

Life Journal December 7, 2007
Today's readings: Colossians 1-4

Underwear of Love

Scripture
Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
Colossians 3.12-15

Observation
We must put on love first if we are going to clothe ourselves with the other things. Otherwise, none of it will matter.

Application
I need to be more intentional at remembering to clothe myself with the fruits of the Spirit. And it all starts with love--hence the underwear of love. First thing I put on and the last thing I take off. If I don't put it on first the rest just won't happen. Without love I won't have tenderhearted mercy, I won't be kind or humble or gentle or patient. And, without love, there will be no harmony--no peace.

If I want to live the life that I have been chosen for and called to live--then I must dress myself [intentionally] everyday with love.

Prayer
Father God, we wonder why we don't have harmony and peace within Your Church--it's because we don't love each other as You have called us to. Lord, help me to love others better--love them with Your love. I can't do it by myself--it just doesn't work. I need You to love through me. Thank You for Your love for me!!


No comments: